Teeth falling out of their mouth... This seems to be a very common dream among women. I wouldn't have believed it until TWO women I know told me an exact description of such a dream they had had.
I was truly surprised and read about it on the internet again. There are a myriad reasons and interpretations given while nothing much really makes sense. And of course nothing could clearly tell why such a dream would not be part of a man's dream.
Almost all articles that I read had the following listed as interpretations of such a dream(in the order of popularity):
1. Shows the woman is going through a transition in her life
2. Anxiety due to imbalances in life
3. Unable to deal with the fact that you are getting older.
4. Then there are some random myths about some ill luck, bad omen yada yada yada.
I am really not interested or intrigued about the luck, charm or omen that people claim dreams bring about because of two reasons:
1. It is not something that I have seen happen in real life and even if it did, no one would be able to relate it with a dream because the stretch of time it takes would be huge unlike how they show it in movies...
2. I strongly believe that dreams are more of an extension of what your mind is put to think of... what you are currently experiencing... with a dab of past life moments slapped on it...
Given what I believe, I can only conclude that the human mind is capable of putting up some symbols, pictures and sequences when it is in a particular state. That explains the commonality. But still it does not explain why it is widely a common dream ONLY among women.
Men have the same anxiety, ageing issues, insecurity, imbalances and even teeth issues. I take myself as an example of how I hate visiting a dentist but at the same time worry about having healthy teeth.
Maybe the mind of a man and the mind of a woman also have their own differences. That is a bigger research that I don't think anyone could fathom. Not seriously but just for my amusement I try to record my own dreams just for me to recall at a later stage and possibly see a pattern with what I was going through in my life...
But coming back to the 'teething' issue... I think that if you come to know of someone who has such dreams and if they are close to you, just ensure you keep them happy and be more supportive... That is what sounds about right.